Since its inception in 1950, North Star Ice Equipment has led the world in the design and manufacture of state-of-the-art ice making and handling equipment. North Star pioneered the development of technology that has become the standard in the ice industry, including:
– The production of flake ice for industrial use. This super-cold ice cools faster and is easier to handle than any other type of ice.
– Flake ice makers with stationary, vertical evaporators to eliminate rotating refrigerant seals.
– Ice makers that produce ice on the inside of the evaporator, completely surrounded by insulation, preventing its exposure to high ambient temperatures.
– The World’s first ice rake for automatic ice delivery.
– Advances in the pneumatic conveying of ice vertically and horizontally over long distances.